ZIMBABWEAN former Orlando Pirates striker Tendai Ndoro has been in the news recently, sadly for unfortunate reasons. Ndoro was pictured looking frail in his native Zimbabwe with concerns immediately raised regarding his health.
More recently, reports surfaced that Tendai Ndoro had lost all his assets to his South African wife – who then kicked him out of their home!
Hopefully better times await Ndoro soon.
Until such time, 10 things you should know about the 36-year-old:
- Tendai Ndoro was born on 15 May, 1985 in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
- He started his career at Chicken Inn in Zimbabwe in 2011
- In 2013 he completed a move to Black Aces in South Africa, but returned on loan to Chicken Inn for the remainder of the season.
- In 2015 he joined Orlando Pirates where he would go on to make 60 appearances, scoring 23 goals in all competitions.
- In 2017/18 he represented three clubs – Orlando Pirates, Al Faisaly and Ajax Cape Town – which was in breach of FIFA regulations. As a result, Ajax Cape Town had to forfeit the three league matches in which he appeared in for them, resulting in their relegation from the PSL.
- He was known as ‘Fire 7’ during his playing days.
- Tendai Ndoro also played 43 matches for Cape Town City, 28 for Highlands Park and eight for Ajax Cape Town while in Mzansi.
- His final PSL match was for Highlands Park against Kaizer Chiefs in January 2020 before he officially left the club in May last year.
- Most recently, Ndoro has been training with Northern Region Division One side in his native country. The club is owned by a relative of his, Simba Ndoro.
- He has played 14 matches for Zimbabwe and scored five goals.
Source: The South African