LocalTop Stories

Harare woman, baby and maid burnt to death while asleep

By Nompumelelo Sibanda

A Harare woman, her 2-year-old daughter and their maid died in their home early this Saturday when a fire gutted the house as they were asleep, while her three other children managed to escape to safety.

Police have confirmed the incident which took place in Msasa Park just after midnight. The woman, aged 40 died together with her daughter and a maid whose age was not provided.

“A Harare woman (34), her daughter (2) and a maid died in a fire incident at their house in Msasa Park at 12 mid-night. The woman’s three children comprising two boys and a girl aged 10, 6 and 7 escaped death by a whisker through the help of local security personnel and a passer-by,” police spokesperson Paul Nyathi said in a statement.

Nyathi said initial investigations show that the fire originated from a candle which was left burning.

“Initial investigations revealed that the fire started from a candle which was lit and placed on a plastic cup, following a power cut, before the family went to bed,” he said. – Zimbabwe Voice

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Back to top button
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x