Local

Shurugwi child electrocuted while feeding chickens

A GRADE 4 pupil at Peakmine Primary School in Shurugwi was electrocuted on Monday evening when he opened a cage to feed some chicks kept by his parents.

Midlands provincial police spokesperson Inspector Emmanuel Mahoko confirmed the death of Kupakwashe Chakanyuka, from Shurugwi.

“It was around 9pm and the minor had the duty to feed chicks kept by the family. He was electrocuted when he tried to open the cage. Electricity was connected to give light to the chicks,” he said.

Inspector Mahoko said a young sibling who tried to help him suffered electrical shock but managed to run away and told their parents.

“Police attended the scene and no foul play is suspected. Nsingo and Chakanyuka’s bodies were taken to Gweru Provincial Hospital en route to a Bulawayo hospital for postmortem,” he said.

Inspector Mahoko discouraged the members of the community from illegally connecting electricity in their homes. 🔺

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Check Also
Close
Back to top button
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x
A note to all Zimbabwe Voice News website visitors:

We use cookies to improve our service for you. You can find more information in our Privacy Policy page.