GOLD is a common mineral in Zimbabwe with the symbol Au. Gold Mining has attracted a number of both formal and informal Small Scale Mining Activities in Zimbabwe.
However, not all of the above mentioned parties can directly sell there produce to Fidelity Printers and Refiners (the sole buyer of Gold in Zimbabwe) so this is when a gold buying agent comes in, buying gold low and selling it higher, the typical investment scenario.
Did you know?
- YOU CAN GET A GOLD BUYING LICENSE AT ZERO COST
- FIDELITY PRINTERS AND REFINERS IS THE SOLE GOLD BUYER IN ZIMBABWE AND IT’S THE ONE RESPONSIBLE FOR ISSUING GOLD BUYING LICENCES
- GOLD IS PRICED WITH PURITY OR SPECIFIC GRAVITY
- EVERY DISTRICT OF ZIMBABWE HAS GOLD DEPOSISTS
- GOLD PRICES ARE DETEMINED BY THE INTENATIONAL MARKET
For a prospective gold buyer, the criteria below must be satisfied before issuance of such gold buying agency permit:
A. Non-Custom Millers or Elution Plant Owners
1. Police clearance for individual buyers and for company directors/Agents
2. Propose under the current license / make commitment of gold quantities you can buy per month.
3. For companies, company profile and director’s names and physical addresses.
4. Passport size photo for the principal licence holder and company directors.
5. Current tax clearance certificate for companies.
B. Custom Millers and Elution Plant Owners:
a. Current licence for the custom milling plant and/or elution plant issued by the Ministry of Mines and Mining Development.
b. Current tax clearance certificate.
N.B: All custom millers are Fidelity Printers and Refiners’ gold buying agents in terms of SI 178 of 2005 section 3.
A survey whereby you meet people willing to sell gold to you and the following must be met:
1) Quantities one is willing to sell to you either per week/ month.
2) They must provide their ID and phone numbers.
3) They must as well countersign.
For more information and clarity please contact Fidelity Printers and Refiners on details below
No. 1 George Drive, Msasa, Harare
Phone: +263 242-486670, +263 242-486694, +263 242-487131, +263 242-447810-5
Email: [email protected]