Local

City building destroyed by fire

A Harare City firefighter tackles the fire at Hempac Sports Equipment Shop situated at the corner of First Street and Speke Ave on Tuesday morning.

The cause of the fire, which destroyed Hempac Sports Equipment Shop situated at the corner of First Street and Speke Ave is yet to be established, although the owners are suspecting an electrical fault.

The shop owners suspect an electrical fault to have caused the fire.

However, the fire brigade team managed to save the fire from extending to other neighbouring shops.

Speaking to The Herald at the scene, the shop manager Ms Gracious Makurure said they suspected an electrical fault.

“I was phoned sometime at around 6am by a female workmate that she had been advised that the shop was burning. When l rushed to the scene, l then saw the fire brigade team trying to extinguish the fire. Unfortunately, all the property was destroyed,” she said.

Source — The Herald

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Check Also
Close
Back to top button
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x
A note to all Zimbabwe Voice News website visitors:

We use cookies to improve our service for you. You can find more information in our Privacy Policy page.